- Slide 6information about this slide
- Slide 4Information about this slide
- Kicking off the Biochemistry Graduate Program!
- Slider 3
- Slide 9
- Image 2This image is open for change
- Slide 5information about this slide
- Slide 8
Welcome to Biochemistry. We are proud to announce this amazing program.
The Qualifying Examination is an essential step that must be completed before admission to candidacy for the doctoral degree. All core courses must be completed with a B- or better prior to taking the qualifying examination. It consists of an original research proposal written as an abbreviated NIH grant application. You will present and defend your proposal orally to a committee of 3 faculty on the Biochemistry Graduate Studies Committee. The examination is designed to test whether you are ready to plan and carry out independent research.